Sportive cycle rides from Flensburg to Lübeck along the Baltic Sea
Maritime beauty along the Baltic coast
Day 1: Individual arrival in Flensburg
Germany´s most northern city greets you on your first day with Baltic charm. In the, over 700 year old city, still lingers the influence of over 400 years of regency by the Danes. You can discover the city with a stroll through charming alleys.
Overnight stay in Flensburg
Day 2: Flensburg – Kappeln and surrounding area (approx. 73 km)
Your first day of cycling begins with a beautiful view on one of Germany’s greatest moated castles in Glücksburg. A short sightseeing will be totally worth your time. Later continue on around the Geltinger Bay, which is a great place for fishing, and drive further towards the goal of today’s stage: Kappeln. There you will spend the night.
Overnight stay in Kappeln
Day 3: Kappeln and surrounding area – Eckernförde and surrounding area (approx. 45 km)
Today`s stage is not that far, so you can spend the morning taking a nice stroll through the historic centre of Kappeln. Finished, saddle your bike and drive on the Baltic Sea Bike Road. You will, shortly after leaving the city, see the protected landscape of “Schwansener See”. Following the road you can admire the resort town of Damp and a manor house in Ludwigsburg. Looking around yourself, you can discover burial mounds from the Stone Age. You will spend your night in Eckenförde.
Overnight stay in Eckernförde
Day 4: Eckenförde and surrounding area – Schönberg and surrounding area (approx. 62 km + boat trip)
Before starting the next stage, you can admire the typical north German architecture in Eckernförde. While driving in the back country, make sure to take loads of pictures of the vast beaches, grand manor houses and the homely resort towns. Schöneberg, where you will spend your night, features beautiful beaches where you can relax after the days of travel. If you still have energy left after cycling so far, you can take a trip to Laboe with the ferry.
Overnight stay in Schönberg
Day 5: Schönbergand surrounding area – Heiligenhafen/Großenbrode (approx. 38 – 58 km)
After a relaxing night, start with new energy towards Heiligenhafen. On your way you will pass the Hohwachter Bay with its fast beach and beautiful surroundings. After nearly 60km you reach Heiligenhafen, a city near the island of Fehmarn. Spend your evening taking a stroll and don`t miss the Marina, which will look quite romantic in the dawn.
Overnight stay in Heiligenhafen/ Großenbrode
Day 6: Heiligenhafen/Großenbrode – Neustadt/Timmendorfer Strand (approx. 60 – 81 km)
Today`s goal is the Lübeck Bay. While driving you will get to admire Grömitz, which is one of the oldest and largest resort towns in the Baltic region. But before Grömitz you will pass through various towns like Dahme and Kellenhausen. Go south to finish today’s stage at the resort town of Neustadt next to Lübeck bay.
Overnight stay in Neustadt/ Timmendorfer Strand
Day 7: Neustadt/Timmendorfer Strand – Lübeck (approx. 46 – 49 km)
Today is the last stage of your tour, so enjoy the feeling of the Baltic Sea. Pass on your way several beaches, where you can stop to swim or go in one of the cute cafés near the road. On important town on your way to Lübeck is Travemünde. There you can go for a little walk to discover the touristic town before finishing you tour in Lübeck.
Overnight stay in Lübeck
Day 8: Individual departure from Lübeck
Before leaving the city of Lübeck, it would be totally worth your while to take a long stroll through the city`s alleys and busy roads. Don`t forget to visit the famous literature museum “Buddenbrockhaus” or try some original Lübeck marzipan. Enjoy the view from one of the churches towers. You can of course always extend your journey with extra nights in Lübeck or Flensburg. We will be pleased to arrange additional accommodation for you.
Experience PACKAGES: Put the crown on your holiday!
- 7 x overnight stay in the chosen category with private facilities (please note that English is not spoken in every hotel and guesthouse)
- 7 x continental breakfast
- Ferry ride Friedrichsort – Laboe incl. bicycle
- Luggage transfer from accommodation to accommodation during your cycle tours
- 1 package with maps and information material per room (in English language)
- Telephone-service-hotline during your cycling holidays
Please feel free to add the following value-added services to the basic travel package to personalize your sportive cycling holidays from Flensburg to Lübeck:
- Additional nights in Flensburg and Lübeck
- Rental bikes or electric bicycles for the duration of the tour (more about our rental bike service)
- Transfer services from Lübeck to Flensburg ( with own bike + 20 €, more about our transfer services )
Category B: Middle class hotels or typical guest houses, partly situated at the outskirts of town
Please note that in some cities accommodation taxes, visitor's taxes, etc. apply. Unless otherwise stated, these are not included in the tour price and must be paid locally.
This cycle trip is not recommendable for travellers with mobility impairments.
Arrival & Departure
How to get to the tour
Arrival by train:
Flensburg is easy to reach by train. There are fast connections from southern Germany, e.g. with the ICE from Munich (via Nuremberg, Würzburg, Kassel, Hanover to Hamburg or Kiel and then continue with the regional train to Flensburg). From the main station you then have the possibility to get to your hotel by public transport. Depending on the location of the hotel, a cab is also recommended.
Current timetable information and prices can be found at www.bahn.de .
Arrival by car and parking facilities:
Constance is well connected to the main national transportation network via the highways. Depending on the hotel, there are direct parking facilities or often nearby. Please understand that there are limited parking facilities at the hotel, especially in the city centers.
Check directly with your starting hotel to see if they offer parking. At www.parkopedia.de you will find a good overview of other parking options and we will be happy to inform you individually.
- Prices for services includedPrice validity: 07.05.2017 to 23.09.2024incl. luggage transferDblSglCategory A969.00 € per person1,269.00 € per personPrice validity: 28.04.2024 to 02.05.2024Category B719.00 € per person969.00 € per personCategory A969.00 € per person1,269.00 € per personPrice validity: 03.05.2024 to 21.06.2024Category B719.00 € per person969.00 € per personCategory A1,129.00 € per person1,429.00 € per personPrice validity: 22.06.2024 to 17.08.2024Category B839.00 € per person1,089.00 € per personCategory A1,249.00 € per person1,549.00 € per personPrice validity: 18.08.2024 to 23.09.2024Category B959.00 € per person1,209.00 € per personCategory A1,129.00 € per person1,429.00 € per personCategory B839.00 € per person1,089.00 € per person
- Prices for additional nightsCategory ADblSglFlensburg110.00 €170.00 €Category BLübeck95.00 €179.00 €Flensburg71.00 €109.00 €Lübeck75.00 €119.00 €
- Prices for rental bikesPriceUnisex-Tourenrad mit 21-Gang-Freilauf100.00 €
per personUnisex-Tourenrad mit 7-Gang-Rücktritt100.00 €
per personHerren-Tourenrad mit 21-Gang-Freilauf100.00 €
per personHerren-Tourenrad mit 7-Gang-Rücktritt100.00 €
per personElektrorad220.00 €
- Prices for transfer servicesPriceLübeck - Flensburg (bei Mietrad Buchung)
SO und MO, ab 4 Personen, Preis pro Person75.00 €Lübeck - Flensburg (eigenes Rad)
SO und MO, ab 4 Personen, Preis pro Person mit eigenem Rad95.00 €
5% Early Bird Discount
on all active holidays