Grand bike tour on Rugen island
Enjoy stunning chalk cliffs and great coastal views
Day 1: Individual arrival in Stralsund
Take time before getting on the bike to take a stroll around the great city of Stralsund with great museums and magnifying architecture. In the evening we will meet up with you and hand over your bike for the next 8 days.
Overnight stay in Stralsund
Day 2: Stralsund – Bergen (approx. 40 – 52 km)
Saddle your bike and drive over the old dam of Rügen, you can also take the ferry, to Altefähr. Then drive north along the Strelasund and Kubitzer Boddens till you get to today’s city, where you will stay the night. On your way you will pass along the “Vorpommersche Boddenlandschaft” where you perhaps can watch some rare bird.
Overnight stay in Bergen
Day 3: Bergen – Sellin/Binz (approx. 29 – 34 km)
Start your day with a stroll through Bergen then continue on to Rugard. Rugard is an old slavish castle with a look-out. When you have good weather you will get a great view of whole Rügen. Driving further towards the resort towns of Binz and Sellin your way lead you to the former resort town of Purbus. The last part of today’s stage goes along a bay called “Greifswalder Bodden”. Finally you reach the resort towns of Binz and Sellin, where you will stay for the night.
Overnight stay in Sellin/ Binz
Day 4: Trip to Mönchgut Peninsula (approx. 29 - 36 km)
Today you will go on an extra trip aside of the normal route of the road. The peninsula Mönchgut features find sand beaches, cliffs, quiet fishing villages and a pine forest. Monks lived here once and tried to dissipate the south of the peninsula so it would be an island. But obviously they did not succeed. You will spend the night again one of the resort towns of Binz and Sellin.
Overnight stay in Sellin/Binz
Day 5: Sellin/Binz – Region Sassnitz (approx. 19 – 30 km)
Now join back on the road of the original tour of Rügen. Your way today will show you the Granitz, with a famous hunting château and the hills look a bit like shrunken mountains. But once in a while you will be able to catch a sight of the sea. Later you will continue on along the beach towards Mukran. The Jasmund National Park, where you will drive through will show you one of the most amazing views of Rügen: Chalk Cliffs, where Caspar David Friedrich painted and portrayed. Finally in Jasmund, if you have time, try to go to the ferry harbour, before checking in your Hotel.
Overnight stay in the region around Sassnitz
Day 6: Region Sassnitz – Jasmund/Wittow (approx. 40 – 69 km)
Take your time today and enjoy the panoramic views of sea and land. Again you will be able to see the famous chalk cliffs. Check out the beacon of Cape Arkona, before ending today in Jasmund or Wittow peninsula.
Overnight stay in Jasmund/ Wittow
Day 7: Jasmund/Wittow – Hiddensee – Stralsund (approx. 19 km)
Take the ferry to the car-free island of Hiddensee. Drive around by bike but for an extra treat, you have to walk to the lighthouse “der Dornbusch” which is over 60m/197ft. tall. Up there you will have a great view of everything. After discovering everything interesting, take the ferry to Stralsund, where you will spend your last night.
Overnight stay in Stralsund
Day 8: Individual Departure from Stralsund
Please return your bike after breakfast. We hope you enjoyed the tour around the island of Rügen. Maybe next year you could discover the island of Usedom with us or go for a drive along the Baltic Sea Road. Of course you can always extend your journey on Rugen Island with extra nights in Stralsund. We will be pleased to arrange additional accommodation for you.
Experience PACKAGES: Put the crown on your holiday!
- 7 x overnight stay in the booked category with private facilities
- 7 x continental breakfast
- Ferry crossing Rügen – Hiddensee and Hiddensee – Stralsund incl. bicycle
- Luggage transfer from accommodation to accommodation during your cycle tours
- 1 package with maps and information material per room (in English language)
- Telephone-service-hotline during your cycling holidays
Please feel free to add the following value-added services to the basic travel package to personalize your cycling holidays on the Island of Rügen:
- Additional nights in Stralsund
- Rental bikes or electric bicycles for the duration of the tour (more about our rental bike service)
Category B: Middle class hotels or typical guest houses, partly situated at the outskirts of town
Please note that in some cities accommodation taxes, visitor's taxes, etc. apply. Unless otherwise stated, these are not included in the tour price and must be paid locally.
This cycle trip is not recommendable for travellers with mobility impairments.
Arrival & Departure
How to get to the tour
Arrival by train:
Stralsund is easy to reach by train. From the main train station you have the possibility to get to your hotel on foot, by public transport or, depending on the location of the hotel, by cab.
Current timetable information and prices can be found at www.bahn.de.
Arrival by car and parking facilities:
Stralsund in northern Mecklenburg-Vorpommern is easy to reach via the A20 motorway. At Grimmen, take the exit to the B 194 heading north. Please understand that there are limited parking facilities at the hotel, especially in the city centers.
Check directly with your starting hotel to see if they offer parking. At www.parkopedia.de you will find a good overview of other parking options and we will be happy to inform you individually.
- Prices for services includedPrice validity: 21.04.2024 to 02.05.2024incl. luggage transferDblSglCategory A959.00 € per person1,259.00 € per personPrice validity: 03.05.2024 to 19.06.2024Category B739.00 € per person989.00 € per personCategory A1,079.00 € per person1,379.00 € per personPrice validity: 20.06.2024 to 21.06.2024Category B859.00 € per person1,109.00 € per personCategory A1,079.00 € per person1,379.00 € per personPrice validity: 22.06.2024 to 17.08.2024Category B859.00 € per person1,109.00 € per personCategory A1,199.00 € per person1,499.00 € per personPrice validity: 18.08.2024 to 08.09.2024Category B979.00 € per person1,229.00 € per personCategory A1,079.00 € per person1,379.00 € per personPrice validity: 09.09.2024 to 28.09.2024Category B859.00 € per person1,109.00 € per personCategory A1,079.00 € per person1,379.00 € per personPrice validity: 29.09.2024 to 05.10.2024Category B859.00 € per person1,109.00 € per personCategory A959.00 € per person1,259.00 € per personCategory B739.00 € per person989.00 € per person
- Prices for additional nightsCategory ADblSglCategory BStralsund95.00 €159.00 €Stralsund75.00 €119.00 €
- Prices for rental bikesPriceUnisex-Tourenrad mit 7-Gang-Rücktritt90.00 €
per personHerren-Tourenrad mit 7-Gang-Rücktritt90.00 €
per personElektrorad210.00 €
5% Early Bird Discount
on all active holidays