Cycling holidays from Lutherstadt Wittenberg to Dresden
On a cycle tour through time from the Reformation to the Baroque era
Day 1: Individual arrival in Lutherstadt Wittenberg
After arriving in Wittenberg you need to have a walk through the city, which became famous through Martin Luther. As the historic, spiritual and cultural centre of Europe, Wittenberg was influenced by such important historical figures as Martin Luther, Philipp Melanchthon, Lucas Cranach the Elder and Lucas Cranach the Younger. In 1996 the Luther memorials were placed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Overnight stay in Lutherstadt Wittenberg
Day 2: Lutherstadt Wittenberg – Torgau (approx. 68 km)
On your first bike tour along the Elbe cycle path you have to pass through the floodplains of the river Elbe until Pretzsch. Later on the bike tour continues to Torgau, a Renaissance town featuring Schloss Hartenfels and the palatial church which is known as the first Protestant church of Germany and which was dedicated by Martin Luther.
Overnight stay in Torgau
This tour can be divided by an overnight stop in Pretzsch (results in approx. 35 km/33 km). Online booking via Experience packages.
Day 3: Torgau – Strehla (cat. B)/ Riesa (cat. A) (approx. 40 km/48 km)
On the second bike tour along the Elbe cycle path you will be enjoying the enchanting rural atmosphere of the Elbe town of Strehla until you reach the todays final destination Riesa, the city of sports. The town is also famous for its pasta production. In the transparent noodle centre you can gain an insight into the modern food production at the second biggest German pasta manufacturer.
Overnight stay in Strehla (category B) or Riesa (category A)
Day 4: Strehla (cat. B)/ Riesa (cat. A) – Meissen (approx. 36 km/28 km)
Today’s bike tour will take you along the pictur-esque wine villages located along the Elbe river, especially Diesbar-Seußlitz. From far away you can already see the landmark of the city of Meissen: the impressive castle hill with the cathedral and the Albrechtsburg castle. A visit to the world-famous Meissen porcelain factory is also a must. In the evening you should enjoy a good wine as you are in the heart of one of the smallest yet most distinguished winegrowing regions of Germany.
Overnight stay in Meissen
Day 5: Meissen – Dresden (approx. 30 km)
Enyour your last bike tour along the Elbe cycle path today and take a break while cycling along the vineyards around Radebeul. You arrive in the Florence of the Elbe, Dresden, which is beautifully located along the Elbe valley.
Overnight stay in Dresden
Day 6: Stay in Dresden or day trip to Bad Schandau (approx. 45 km)
Use your day as to explore the city with its sights and historic background. Whether the famous Zwinger, the Semper Opera or the Court Church – a tour of the former royal residence by bicycle will take you past the most important sites. Our tip:
Or you make a trip to the Saxon Switzerland Region with its bizarre rock formations. Take the local train to Bad Schandau (ticket not included) and then cycle back to Dresden along the Elbe River passing sights such as the Fortress Königstein, the Bastei Bridge and the Pillnitz Palace & Park.
Overnight stay in Dresden
Day 7: Individual departure from Dresden or transfer service to Wittenberg
After your eventful and unforgettable cycling holidays from Wittenberg to Dresden, you will start your journey back home. You are welcome to prolong your journey with some additional nights in Dresden, Lutherstadt Wittenberg or other overnight locations along the route. We will be pleased to arrange additional nights for you. In case you have to get back to Wittenberg, we can offer you our convenient transfer/shuttle service.
Experience PACKAGES: Put the crown on your holiday!
- 6 x overnight stay in the booked category with private facilities
- 6 x continental breakfast
- Luggage transfer from accommodation to accommodation (up to 2 pieces of luggage per person, maximum 20 kg each)
- GPS data on request
- 1 package with maps and information material per room (in English language)
- Telephone-service-hotline during your cycling holidays
Please feel free to add the following value-added services to the basic travel package of the tour from Lutherstadt Wittenberg to Dresden:
- Additional nights at every overnight location according to the tour description
- Rental bikes or electric bicycles for the duration of the tour (more about our rental bike service)
- Transfer services from Dresden to Lutherstadt Wittenberg, per own bicycle + 25 € (more about our transfer services)
- FlexPLUS: rebook or cancel up to 28 days before arrival without giving reasons (more about our FlexPLUS)
Category B: 3-star hotels and guesthouses/pensions, usually close to the cycle path
Please note that in some cities accommodation taxes, visitor's taxes, etc. apply. Unless otherwise stated, these are not included in the tour price and must be paid locally.
This cycle trip is not recommendable for travellers with mobility impairments.
Arrival & Departure
How to get to the tour
Arrival by train:
By long-distance train, Lutherstadt Wittenberg is easy to reach from all over Germany. There are good connections from Leipzig, Dessau, Magdeburg, Halle and Berlin via suburban trains and local public transport. For current timetable information and prices, visit www.bahn.de.
Arrival by car:
You can reach Lutherstadt Wittenberg via the A 9 (Nuremberg - Berlin) by taking the Coswig exit. Then follow the B 187 to Lutherstadt Wittenberg. On parkopedia.de you will find a good overview of public parking lots and parking garages.
- Prices for services includedPrice validity: 01.04.2024 to 05.05.2024incl. luggage transferDblSglCategory A619.00 € per person839.00 € per personPrice validity: 06.05.2024 to 07.09.2024Category B549.00 € per person689.00 € per personCategory A649.00 € per person869.00 € per personPrice validity: 08.09.2024 to 31.10.2024Category B579.00 € per person719.00 € per personCategory A619.00 € per person839.00 € per personCategory B549.00 € per person689.00 € per person
- Prices for additional nightsCategory ADblSglLutherstadt Wittenberg68.00 €95.00 €Torgau68.00 €95.00 €Riesa68.00 €95.00 €Meißen68.00 €95.00 €Category BDresden75.00 €110.00 €Lutherstadt Wittenberg59.00 €78.00 €Torgau59.00 €78.00 €Strehla59.00 €78.00 €Meißen59.00 €78.00 €Dresden63.00 €85.00 €
- Prices for rental bikesPriceUnisex-Tourenrad mit 21-Gang-Freilauf15.00 €
per person and dayUnisex-Tourenrad mit 7-Gang-Rücktritt15.00 €
per person and dayHerren-Tourenrad mit 21-Gang-Freilauf15.00 €
per person and dayHerren-Tourenrad mit 7-Gang-Rücktritt15.00 €
per person and dayUnisex-Elektrorad mit 7-Gang-Rücktritt30.00 €
per person and dayTachometer (nach freier Verfügbarkeit)0.00 €
- Prices for transfer servicesPriceDresden - Lutherstadt Wittenberg
Buspreis, bis 3 Personen (pauschal), pro eigenes Rad + 25 €230.00 €
- Experience packagesPriceFlexPLUS39.00 € (DZ), 39.00 € (EZ)
per personZwischenübernachtung Pretzsch (inkl. Gepäcktransport)90.00 € (DZ), 120.00 € (EZ)
5% Early Bird Discount
on all active holidays