Information on the effects of the Corona epidemic on our tours
The nowel Corona virus has turned our everyday office life upside down and we have to work under new conditions. Currently, some employees are not on duty or work decentralized, so that we have to handle incoming mails and requests according to urgency rather than order. Therefore we have adjusted our office hours, which you can find out about in our imprint.
Please understand this extraordinary situation. We cannot foresee the further development of the situation and the effects on the feasibility of our trips.
Information for our corporate customers and tour operators
Your national authorities have certainly also published recommendations and warnings about travelling in general or to Germany/other countries in Europe. Please be assured that we understand your concerns and needs regarding travels in these and other periods. We would also like to assure that we always keep an eye on option deadlines for all of our trips and have already extended them where possible.
In addition, before a payment is due, we always check if the tour can be carried out at that time. If there was any doubt, we would always contact our customers before the free cancellation period expires.
Cancellations of events that served as travel occasions, we communicate directly with our customers and then discuss cancellation or rebooking options.
Information for our partners in cycling and hiking tours
We would also like to give our cycling and hiking tour operator partners a short update on the most important points:
- adjusted our office hours, which you can find out about in our imprint (you can reach us by phone under 0049 (0)351 - 563 48 20)
- staffing: we will mostly be three people in the office, some of us home office
- April/Mai bookings: are cancelled on our part until 08/05/2020
- Postponing: We offer all guests arriving until 31/05/2020 a free postponing of their tour for the same tour at a later date in the 2020/2021 season (date subject to availability). If you consider a rebooking, it must be announced to us by 17/04/2020 at the latest.
- if a change of date is possible, then we must be informed of this at least 3 weeks prior to planned arrival
- Cancellations: are currently free of charge until 08/05/2020, from 09/05/2020 our general terms and conditions apply (until now), here we evaluate the situation depending on prevailing restrictions and then make appropriate decisions for May (especially for guests with long flights we are already very fairly regarding cancellations for May/June)
In these difficult times for tourism, only by acting and cooperating together we can find a way to make the best out of the situation for ourselves and our guests. We try to encourage every guest to rebook their trip and not to cancel it.
On our information page on the effects of the novel corona virus on our cycling and hiking trips you will also find up-to-date information.. Please be assured that we always keep an eye on the situation in the travel regions and give green light when holidays are possible again!
Please stay optimistic and most of all healthy!
Best Regards from Dresden
Your Anke Herrmann