Land excursions for river cruises along the Moselle
What to expect
The Moselle is the second longest tributary of the Rhine with a length of 544 km. The river originates in France, in the Vosges at Col de Bussang. The German Moselle Valley is characterised by the strongly meandering course with many vineyards. In Koblenz the Moselle flows into the Rhine. A number of remarkable castles and ruins adorn the heights above the Moselle valley. A river cruise here will leave a lasting impression and make the trip worthwile.
Along the Moselle, you can find the oldest cities of Germany, e.g. Koblenz and Trier. Roman architecture characterises the townscapes. Have you ever been to a historic mustard mill? We know one dating back to 1810! Or what about a wine tasting in the picturesque old town of Bernkastel-Kues! We can recommend you a fine wine tavern!
As we are specialised in land excursions for river cruises, we look forward to organise tailor-made programmes for your cruise along the Moselle! We arrange city tours and trips, as well as coach transfers and guided tours around many different sights of the area.
Detailed information for journey "Moselle river cruise"
Basic package for your Moselle river cruise:
Get to know one of the oldest cities of Germany. The charming and romantic streets between the St. Castor’s Basilica and Church of Our Beloved Lady represent today’s main tourist attraction of Koblenz.
Highlights of Koblenz:
- Visit to the Monument of Emperor Wilhelm I at "Deutsches Eck" (German Corner)
- Visit to the interactive exhibi-tion “Romanticum”, learning more about the UNESCO Heritage Site "Upper Middle Rhine Valley"
- Use of the cable car over the Rhine River up to the Ehrenbreitstein Fortress (unique view over the city)
The unique combination of Reichsburg, historic old town and countryside is a magnet for many visitors from all over the world every year and makes Cochem one of the most important tourist destinations along the Moselle.
Highlights of Cochem:
- Visit of the Reichsburg with its great hall and hunting room (shuttle service on request)
- Short guided visit incl. tasting at the Historic Mustard Mill, one of the old-est mills dating back to 1810
Situated on both sides of the river and surpassed by the picturesque castle ruin of Landshut, this city invites you to explore the rich history of over 2000 years. Half-timbered houses of the Middle Ages characterise the picturesque old town.
Highlights of Bernkastel-Kues:
- Hiking tour to the castle ruins of Landshut Castle, enjoying a unique panoramic view
- Wine tasting at Doctor Weinstube
- Visit to the multimedia Mo-selle Wine Museum – take a voyage of discovery through a fascinating and diverse viticul-tural landscape with a history dating back over 2,000 years
Trier is the fourth largest city in Rhineland-Palatinate. It was founded by the Romans and is the oldest city of Germany.
Highlights of Trier:
- Inside visit to the Cathedral – Germany's oldest bishopric church
- Guided tour to the monu-mental buildings of the Roman Age, now all UNESCO World Cultural Heritage, e.g. the Imperial Baths
Basic package for your Moselle river cruise:
- Visit to "Deutsches Eck"
- Visit to "Romanticum"
- Visit to Ehrenbreitstein Fortress via cable car
- Admission and guided tour of the Reichsburg
- Short guided visit incl. tasting at the Historic Mustard Mill
- Hiking tour to Landshut Castle
- Wine tasting
- Visit to Moselle Wine Museum
- Visit to Trier Cathedral
- Guided tour of Trier
- Pre-extension visiting Cologne and Andernach (see Rhine River Cruises)
- Tour extension to Wiesbaden, Mainz or Frankfurt/Main (see Main River Cruises)
Those are only suggestions for your river cruise along the Danube river, which can be adjusted according to your desires. Whether you draw inspiration from the proposals made in this itinerary or blend them with your own ideas, the AugustusTours team looks forward to putting together your next group tour.
Prices for services included
Our suggestions for your Moselle River Cruise are characterized by creativity and flexibility, with each itinerary specially tailored to both your requirements and those of your guests. It can be shortened, extended or adapted according to your desires. The prices are based on the programme and group size. We are looking forward to your inquiry and provide you with an individual offer for your Moselle River Cruise. We are also happy to organise city tours in Germany or a cultural tour in different German cities for your group!
Request a tailor-made offer for your group tour to Germany
All our group tour suggestions can be altered, shortened or lengthened to your specific requirements, so please see them as food for thought rather than a set meal. It would be our pleasure to draw up a tailored quote based on your ideas and expectations – giving you a group tour that will leave you shouting “encore”! Please send us your request for a group tour to Germany. Once you have submitted your request we will work on a tailor-made quote for you.
Being a very experienced and high-performance incoming partner for Germany, we offer you support and advice regarding the realisation of your group travels. Since 1997, we have been working for international travel agents, associations, companies as well as private clients. During all our work, we constantly follow our standard “Expertise. Ideas. Passion”. We are based in Dresden, so we know where your guests travel.
We have numerous itinerary suggestions for you and your group – no matter if you are planning a city break, cultural tour or round trip throughout Germany! The mentioned tours are only suggestions. Please do not hesitate to send us your special ideas and requirements on your next group tour.
We look forward to working with you and would be glad to become your go-to partner for city and cultural tours in Germany!