Our rental bicycles: Reliable companions for cycling tours!
Just because you have to do your cycling tours without your own bicycle does not mean you have to do without comfort! Our rental bicycles are an ideal companion for your AugustusTours cycling tour, and save you the hassle of transporting your trusty steed to the starting point of your tour.
Our self-organised cycling tours are provided in conjunction with our own bicycle rental service, which comprises almost 100 touring models from established German brands (BBF and Kalkhoff). The fleet is serviced in-house and used on tours along the southern stretch of the Elbe Cycle Path.
Sturdy steeds for a top tour
We are pleased to provide you with rental bicycles, which are ideally suited to the touring cyclist:
- Ladies’ models with step-through or low-crossbar frames
- Gents’ models with step-through or low-crossbar frames (from a height of 1.75 m)
- Hub or derailleur gears (hub-gear comes along with back pedal brake)
- Electric bicycles
- Various frame heights
- Anti-puncture tyres
- Childrens' bicycles and tandems available on request
Our rental bike service for your tour
- AugustusTours organises delivery to your first hotel and collection from your final hotel
- Accessories provided free of charge (per bicycle):
- Waterproof Ortlieb pannier (10 l)
- Bicycle lock
- Map holder on handlebars per booked room
- Repair set per booked room
- Speedometer (on request, additional fee of € 5.00 per bike, only reservable related to a booking of a rental bike)
On some of our cycling tours we will provide you with bicycles from partner companies, which may vary from the equipment and brands, mentioned above but also guaranty the same quality standard.
Though neither Germany nor the Czech Republic requires adults to wear bicycle helmets, the Czech Republic does require minors to wear helmets. As AugustusTours does not rent out bicycle helmets for reasons of safety and hygiene, any guests who feel safer wearing a helmet when cycling or minors who will be entering the Czech Republic on their bicycle should bring their own helmet with them.