The annual Dresden Music Festival will take place for the 46th time this year from May 18 to June 18. "BLACKANDWHITE" is the motto of Dresden Music Festival 2023 because it is dedicated to the areas of tension in music and society. Between war and peace, pandemic and regained freedom, Jan Vogler and his team in Dresden have put together a diverse program of 63 events at 22 venues.
Dresden Music Festival - Orchestra Concerts, Chamber Music & Soloists
Finally, the time has come again: on May 18, a whole month of music starts in Dresden with the opening of the 46th Dresden Music Festival under the motto "BLACKANDWHITE". The focus this year will be on the piano. The festival is to be opened this year with Shostakovich's 6th Symphony interpreted by Tugan Sokhiev with the Munich Philharmonic Orchestra and Christiane Karg. Mahler's 4th symphony is also on the program that evening. Tickets are still available for some concerts!
Below are some highlights of the music festival:
- 20/05/2023 Frauenkirche: Ludwig van Beethoven "Missa Solemnis" (Sol Gabetta & Bertrand Chamayou)
- 21/05/2023 Semperoper Dresden: Mayer & Sächsiche Staatskapelle Dresden & Christian Thielemann "Mahler's 3rd Symphony"
- 29/05/2023 Semperoper Dresden: Nils Landgren & Friends
- 01/06/2023 Kreuzkirche: Dresden Kreuzchor & Dresden Baroque Orchestra "Light and Shadow"
- 06/06/2023 Kulturpalast: Grubinger & The German Chamber Philharmonic Bremen & Peltokoski
- 14/06/2023 Kulturpalast: Richard Wagner "The Rhine Gold"
- 15/06/2023 Kulturpalast: Anne-Sophie Mutter & Mutter's Virtuosi
- 18/06/2023 Junge Garde: Final concert - Wynton Marsalis & Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra
Under the following link you will find all concerts of the Dresden Music Festival: https://www.musikfestspiele.com/de/programm-tickets/
Outlook for the Dresden Music Festival 2024
If you missed the opportunity to experience the Dresden Music Festival this year, we would like to cordially invite you already to the festival in 2024. If you are interested in an offer for the Dresden Music Festival or would like to integrate this event into your travel plans for 2024, please let us know now, as coming early ensures great seats.
We would be pleased to reserve your preferred date in order to automatically notify you as soon as we have any news coming in.
Logo © Dresden Music Festival
Impressions of the Dresden Music Festival © Oliver Killig