Looking back at over 40 years of the Music Festival, the amount and variety of events has always been great. This year, the Dresden Music Festival will take place from 16/05 to 10/06/2019 in Dresden.
Initial information on the Dresden Music Festival in 2019
Visitors look forward to a wide variety of outstanding music events in a lot of different locations. A very special venue will be the reopened Dresden cultural palace "Kulturpalast".
In addition to string quartets, orchestral and chamber music, as well as solo concerts, you can experience melodious traditional and recent music, jazz music and dance. Up to this day, the tradition of offering alternating festival themes has been maintained throughout the years. Recently, the theme of the 42nd edition of the Dresden Music Festival has been published: "Visions".
We are pleased to provide interested tour operators and associations with various room allocations at several hotels and first information about upcoming highlights:
- 16/05/2019 – Opening concert with the Dresdner Festspielorchester, René Pape (bass) and Ivor Bolton (conductor), Kulturpalast
Carl Maria von Weber: Overture to the opera »Euryanthe«
Franz Schubert: Selection of songs (arrangements for low voice and orchestra)
Robert Schumann: Symphony No. 1 B-Dur op. 38 »Spring Symphony«
- 19/05/2019 – Staatskapelle Berlin and Daniel Barenboim, Semperoper
Johannes Brahms: Symphony No. 3 F-Dur op. 90 and Symphony No. 4 e-Moll op. 98
- 23/05/2019 – Vienna Philharmonics, Yefim Bronfman (piano) and Tugan Sokhiev (conductor), Kulturpalast
Sergej Prokofjew: Concerto for Piano and Orchestra No. 2 g-Moll op. 16
Peter Tschaikowsky: Symphony No. 5 e-Moll op. 64
- 26/05/2019 – Anne-Sophie Mutter (violin) and the Vienna-Berlin Chamber Orchestra, Kulturpalast
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart:
Concerto for Violin and Orchestra No. 2 D-Dur KV 211
Concerto for Violin and Orchestra No. 3 G-Dur KV 216
Symphony No. 1 Es-Dur KV 16
Concerto for Violin and Orchestra No. 5 A-Dur KV 219 »Turkish Concerto«
- 30/05/2019 – Dresden Festival Orchestra, Jan Vogler (cello) and Stéphane Denève (conductor), Kulturpalast
Hector Berlioz: Overture to the opera »Les Francs-juges« op. 3
Camille Saint-Saën: Concerto for Cello and Orchestra No. 1 a-Moll op. 33
Hector Berlioz: »Symphonie fantastique« op. 14
- 10/06/2019 – Final concert Eric Clapton and band, Kulturpalast
If you are interested in an individual offer concerning the Dresden Music Festival or if you wish to include this event in your travel plans for 2019, please feel free to contact us so we can assure you the best seats available.
We would be pleased to reserve your preferred date in order to automatically notify you as soon as we have any news coming in.
Logo © Dresden Music Festival
Impressions of the Dresden Music Festival © Oliver Killig