Cycling holidays from Dresden to Magdeburg
Along picturesque vineyards and fairytale castles
Day 1: Individual arrival at Dresden
You arrive in the "Florence of the Elbe", Dresden, which is beautifully located in the Elbe valley. Whether the famous Zwinger, the Semper Opera or the Court Church – a tour of the former royal residence will take you past the most important sites. Tip: We recommend an extra night in Dresden for a day trip to the Saxon Switzerland. You will get back by local train to Dresden (approx. 45 km)
Overnight stay in Dresden
Day 2: Dresden – Meissen (approx. 30 km)
Today you will see the vineyards around Radebeul. From far away you can already see the landmark of the city of Meissen: the impressive castle hill with the cathedral and the Albrechtsburg castle. A visit to the world-famous Meissen porcelain factory is also a must. In the evening you should enjoy a good wine as you are in the heart of one of the smallest yet most distinguished winegrowing regions of Germany.
Overnight stay in Meissen
Day 3: Meissen – Riesa (cat. A)/ Strehla (cat. B) (approx. 28 km/36 km)
Today’s tour will take you along the picturesque wine villages located along the Elbe river, especially Diesbar-Seußlitz. Destination today will be Riesa, the city of sports. The town is also famous for its pasta production. In the transparent noodle centre you can gain an insight into the modern food production at the second biggest German pasta manufacturer.
Overnight stay in Riesa (category A) or Strehla (category B)
Day 4: Riesa (cat. A)/ Strehla (cat. B) – Torgau (approx. 48 km/40 km)
On the way you will be enjoying the enchanting rural atmosphere of the Elbe town of Strehla. You journey continues to Torgau, a Renaissance town featuring Schloss Hartenfels and the palatial church which is known as the first Protestant church of Germany and which was dedicated by Martin Luther.
Overnight stay in Torgau
Day 5: Torgau – Lutherstadt Wittenberg (approx. 68 km)
First you will have a ride passing through the floodplains of the river Elbe until Pretzsch. Today you will be staying in Wittenberg, a town which became famous through Martin Luther. As the historic, spiritual and cultural centre of Europe, Wittenberg was influenced by such important historical figures as Martin Luther, Philipp Melanchthon, Lucas Cranach the Elder and Lucas Cranach the Younger. In 1996 the Luther memorials were placed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Overnight stay in Lutherstadt Wittenberg Tip: This tour can be divided by an overnight stop in Pretzsch (results in approx. 33 km/35 km). Online booking via "Erlebnispaket".
Day 6: Lutherstadt Wittenberg – Dessau (approx. 37 km)
This leg will take you through the beautiful meadows of the Elbe and past the world-famous Wörlitzer Park and Gardens. The 100-hectare large park offers numerous attractions including islands, canals, temples and statues. With Dessau you will enter a town which played an important role for a new architecture style including a whole life philosophy occurred in the 1920s, the so called "Bauhaus".
Overnight stay in Dessau
Day 7: Dessau – Magdeburg (approx. 78 - 88 km)
Between Barby and Magdeburg you will cycle across another biosphere reserve along the river Elbe giving home to lots of vulnerable species of birds. Magdeburg offers lots of rambling parkways where you can relax. Experience also the famous Cathedral and the Monastery.
Overnight stay in Magdeburg Tip: This tour can be divided by an overnight stop in Barby (results in approx. 40 km/42 km). Online booking via "Erlebnispaket".
Day 8: Individual departure from Magdeburg or transfer service to Dresden
We hope that you have had an eventful and unforgettable bike tour from Dresden to Magdeburg and wish you a pleasant way home. You can of course always extend your journey with extra nights in Magdeburg, Dresden or other overnight locations along the cycle route. We will be pleased to arrange additional accommodation for you. In case you have to get back to Dresden, we can offer you our convenient transfer service.
Experience PACKAGES: Put the crown on your holiday!
- 7 x overnight stay in the booked category with private facilities
- 7 x continental breakfast
- Luggage transfer from accommodation to accommodation during your bike tours
- GPS data on request
- 1 package with maps and information material per room (in English language)
- Telephone-service-hotline during your cycling holidays
Please feel free to add the following value-added services to the basic travel package of the tour from Dresden to Magdeburg:
- Additional nights at every overnight location according to the tour description
- Rental bikes or electric bicycles for the duration of the tour (more about our rental bike service)
- Transfer services from Magdeburg to Dresden, per own bicycle + 25 € (more about our transfer services)
- FlexPLUS: rebook or cancel up to 28 days before arrival without giving reasons (more about our FlexPLUS)
Category B: 3-star hotels and guesthouses/pensions, usually close to the cycle path
Please note that in some cities accommodation taxes, visitor's taxes, etc. apply. Unless otherwise stated, these are not included in the tour price and must be paid locally.
This cycle trip is not recommendable for travellers with mobility impairments.
Arrival & Departure
How to get to the tour
Arrival by train:
Dresden is easily accessible by train from all major cities in Germany.
From Dresden's main train station or Neustadt train station, you then have the option of using public transportation to get to your hotel.
Current timetable information and price information can be found at www.bahn.de or at www.dvb.de.
Arrival by car and parking facilities:
Dresden is connected to the main supra-regional traffic network via three freeways. Depending on the hotel, there are direct parking facilities or often nearby. Please understand that there are limited parking facilities at the hotel, especially in the city centers.
Check directly with your starting hotel to see if they offer parking. At www.parkopedia.de you will find a good overview of other parking options and we will be happy to inform you individually.
- Prices for services includedPrice validity: 01.04.2017 to 31.10.2024incl. luggage transferDblSglCategory A769.00 € per person1,029.00 € per personPrice validity: 01.04.2024 to 05.05.2024Category B699.00 € per person899.00 € per personCategory A769.00 € per person1,029.00 € per personPrice validity: 06.05.2024 to 07.09.2024Category B699.00 € per person899.00 € per personCategory A805.00 € per person1,065.00 € per personPrice validity: 08.09.2024 to 31.10.2024Category B735.00 € per person935.00 € per personCategory A769.00 € per person1,029.00 € per personCategory B699.00 € per person899.00 € per person
- Prices for additional nightsCategory ADblSglDresden75.00 €110.00 €Meißen68.00 €95.00 €Riesa68.00 €95.00 €Torgau68.00 €95.00 €Lutherstadt Wittenberg68.00 €95.00 €Dessau-Roßlau68.00 €95.00 €Category BMagdeburg68.00 €95.00 €Dresden63.00 €85.00 €Meißen59.00 €78.00 €Strehla59.00 €78.00 €Torgau59.00 €78.00 €Lutherstadt Wittenberg59.00 €78.00 €Dessau-Roßlau59.00 €78.00 €Magdeburg59.00 €78.00 €
- Prices for rental bikesPriceUnisex-Tourenrad mit 21-Gang-Freilauf15.00 €
per person and dayUnisex-Tourenrad mit 7-Gang-Rücktritt15.00 €
per person and dayHerren-Tourenrad mit 21-Gang-Freilauf15.00 €
per person and dayHerren-Tourenrad mit 7-Gang-Rücktritt15.00 €
per person and dayUnisex-Elektrorad mit 7-Gang-Rücktritt30.00 €
per person and dayTachometer (nach freier Verfügbarkeit)0.00 €
- Prices for transfer servicesPriceMagdeburg - Dresden
Sammeltransfer, jeden Sonntag 10 Uhr, pro eigenes Rad + 25 €, Preis pro Person110.00 €Magdeburg - Dresden
Buspreis, bis 3 Personen (pauschal), pro eigenes Rad + 25 €300.00 €
- Experience packagesPriceFlexPLUS39.00 € (DZ), 39.00 € (EZ)
per personZusatznacht Pretzsch (inkl. Gepäcktransport)90.00 € (DZ), 120.00 € (EZ)
per personZusatznacht Barby (inkl. Gepäcktransport)90.00 € (DZ), 120.00 € (EZ)
5% Early Bird Discount
on all active holidays